|Nominal duration||1,5 years (90 ECTS)|
|Awards||MSc (Master's Degree in Public Health)|
|Tuition fee||€9,930.00 per year|
|Application fee||€150.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Transcript of Grades shall be attached to Bachelor’s Degree Diploma. High School Certificate shall be provided, too.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is recommended to provide original qualification documents together with verified translated copies.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
B2 level in English or equivalent is required. If you have taken an internationally recognised exam, please attach it to the application.
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Taught in English
Faculty (School) of Public Health was established in 1994. It is a place where variety of research and training competences meet together, enabling those who work in public health practice and research to effectively confront the challenges of rapidly changing health care system. Public health and health management fields require lifelong learning. The competences in biomedical, social, psychological and multicultural areas that affect health of population are necessary for the modern public health professionals, health managers or health politicians. To meet this challenge, new creative methods of training and research are widely applied in our training programmes. Our teachers are well-known researchers, policy makers, international public health activists and WHO experts sharing their wide experience with students and young researchers.
The study programme Lifestyle medicine aims at training mediators in unifying classical community focused public health with person oriented health services. These health specialists will be able to prevent and manage different risk factors, change individual behaviors related to chronic noncommunicable diseases, and also work as members in medical teams, especially primary services setting, public health bureaus and private practice.
Modules: Public Health, Nutrition , Physical Activity and Health, Mental Health and Lifestyle, , Master thesis and research methodology
Modules: Elective courses, Practice, Master thesis.
Description of the programme:
Graduate‘s perspective – competences developed by the programme:
After the graduation you can:
- prevent and manage different risk factors, change individual behaviors related to chronic noncommunicable diseases, and also work as members in medical teams, especially primary services setting, public health bureaus and private practice;
- continue studies for doctoral degree;
Competences you will develop:
- consult individuals about healthy lifestyle (nutrition (diet), physical activity, harmful habits and stress control) on matters within their competences, according to the need in collaboration with health care professionals;
- evaluate the risk of harmful habits and addictions, unhealthy nutrition, lack of physical activity and other health risk factors;
- ability to increase personal motivation to change behavior, to create a personal behavioral correction plan and assess changes of behavior;
- ground priority of health strategy and policies, principles of health system management and evaluation, modern health impact assessment methods; promote and implement in practice modern healthy lifestyle principles for the society;
- define needs and possibilities of the primary, secondary and tertiary disease prevention; implement interventions, based on disease prevention programs, environment and lifestyle change projects; implement them and evaluate their effectiveness;
- identify and assess the environmental, lifestyle, psychosocial and biological health risk factors; holistically approach to their management;
- analyze and interpret the population health indicators, organize and implement population and individual health monitoring and evaluation;
Why to study Lyfestyle medicine in Lithuanian University of Health Sciences?
- Blended learning study concept, merging distance and contact study formats, allowing for maximum convenience for non-residents and those needing to combine studies with current employment;
- Contribution of the most innovative professionals;
- Cooperation with USA Universities through a distance learning format;
- Well recognized diploma;
- Multicultural environment and student comunity – 10% of international students from 48 different countries;
- Tuition fees at good quality/cost ratio reasonable living costs in the country.