Application to the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) for full-time degree studies. Student’s Guide
This Guide is designed to assist students and recruiting agencies during the application process. We recommend you to read the Guide before starting your application for admission at LSMU. Applications for all study programmes in English shall be done online. For your benefit:
- No application fee for the first review of your application and feedback on eligibility;
- Feedback within 72 hours from submission of application;
- Three options available to sit an LSMU entrance examination. For exemptions from the entrance examination, please see NOTE 1 below;
- Possibility to choose the most acceptable location to sit an entrance examination (your home country, neighbouring country or LSMU);
- Results of the entrance examination are announced and eligible applicants are offered a study place at LSMU on the same day as the entrance examination.
NOTE 1: Applicants who are able to present the following education certificates with adequate grades in Biology and Chemistry could be exempted from the entrance test of LSMU:
- A Level Certificate - A, A or A, B
- International Baccalaureate Diploma - 5–7
- German Upper Secondary School Certificate (Abitur Zeugnis): 11–15 (points) or 1–2
- Swedish Upper Secondary School Certificate (Slutbetyg Från Gymnasieskola), 2 level for Chemistry and Biology: I) new system - A, A or A, B; II) old system: MVG, MVG or VG, MVG;
- Spanish Upper Secondary School Certificate(Bachillerato + Prueba de Acceso a la Universidad or the Selectividad) - 7–10;
- French Upper Secondary School Certificate (Baccalaureat) - 14–20;
- USA High School Diploma + Standardised Assessment Tests (SAT Subject Tests) in Biology and Chemistry or adequate - 550–800.
1 November: Beginning of the online application period. All applicants shall apply here and upload the copies of all required documents;
7 November: Consideration of applications begins
2 January: Beginning of entrance examination period
15 June: Application deadline. The online application system will be closed at midnight on 15 June
1 July: Deadline to sit the entrance examination
Applicants are recommended to apply as early as possible. Applications completed after the deadline could be considered in case of academic place availability in a certain degree programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE APPLICATION SYSTEM Visit http://apply.lsmuni.lt and start with ‘Sign up’ or ‘Online application – start here!’ After completion of this step, your personal account will be created and you will receive an applicant’s code, which provides you access to the application form.
Step 2. FILL IN AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FORM ONLINE Log in using your code and start up filling the application form online. You may save the data at any time and continue later. This applies both to the information entered into text fields and to uploaded electronic copies of documents (see ‘Items to be uploaded’). The application system will check automatically your application and reveal the incomplete fields. After completion of application form, please do not forget to click the SUBMIT button, because only SUBMITTED applications will be considered by the University.
Items to be uploaded (in an original language and with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation/School Leaving Certificate authenticated by governmental institutions. If you are to graduate after the application deadline, please provide an official letter including your most recent academic results. The letter shall be signed by school authorities;
- Transcripts of high school/senior secondary school courses proving successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry courses;
NOTE 2: (All education documents shall be provided in an original language plus an authorized translation in English)
Education documents shall be legalized in the following way:
- If you acquired your education in the countries-members of the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, India, the United States of America, Australia, Venezuela, etc.), you should present your education documents with an affixed Apostille.
- If you acquired your education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.), your education documents should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular department of the country where education was acquired.
- Education certificates issued by the accredited institutions of secondary or high education in the countries listed below could be presented to the Admission Office of University without the legalization stamp – Apostille or Ministry of Foreign Affairs: 1. Member states of the European Union (including the United Kingdom); 2. EFTA countries; 3. Canada; 4. USA.
3. Score Reports on the SAT Subject Tests in Chemistry and Biology, if available;
4. Certificate proving the knowledge of English language; If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language (TOEFL, IELTS, B2 Level ‘Independent user’ by CEFR or adequate), you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry.
5. Brief CV;
6. Motivation letter;
7. Passport copy;
8. Health certificate based on a complete medical examination;
9. Passport-type photographs (white background).
Step 3. WAIT FOR THE UNIVERSITY'S FEEDBACK Your submitted application will be reviewed and you will get feedback within 72 hours after application submission. Feedback will be forwarded to your email or you may log in to your personal application account and check the feedback. Positive feedback means that you are eligible to continue application at LSMU and sit the entrance examination. If you are not eligible to continue application at LSMU, feedback will provide the reasons of ineligibility.
Step 4. PAY AN APPLICATION FEE Once you have received a positive feedback, you are requested to continue the application procedure and pay a non-refundable application fee of 150 EUR (300 EUR if you apply to the higher year and the validation of previously completed courses is needed). The application system of the University will issue the invoice for application fee payment.
Once the payment received, your application will be proceeded. In case you did not receive an on-line invoice, you may use the following bank details:
- Beneficiary’s bank: AB SEB Bank, Vilnius, Lithuania
- SWIFT: CBVI LT 2X
- Beneficiary’s account No.: LT09 7044 0600 0290 5377
- Beneficiary: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
- Payment code: P6181
Step 5. CHOOSE THE OPTION FOR ADMISSION TO LSMU Choose ONE from the following three options:
Option 1. To sit the LSMU entrance examination during the application period, i.e., from 2 January till 1 July. The schedule of entrance examinations outside the University is announced at http://lsmuni.lt/en/activities/degree-studies/admission/examsfairs-abroad/. You may also contact an admission officer (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or a local representative for the available dates and locations to sit the entrance examination. The entrance examination can be done at LSMU as well, and the schedule is provided on the University’s website https://www.lsmuni.lt/en/study-at-lsmu/degree-studies/lsmu-open-days/.
Option 2. To provide the Score Reports of SAT Subject Tests in Chemistry and Biology. If your score is 550 or above, you could be exempted from the LSMU entrance examination. The University’s registration code at the College Board is 7210.
Go to Step 7.
Option 3.1. If you have successfully pursued studies in the biomedical field at any other accredited university and have earned a Bachelor Degree, you may skip the LSMU entrance examination. Courses completed during the previous studies could be validated after the precise checking of the curriculum.
Option 3.2. Other exemptions from the entrance test are provided in NOTE 1.
Go to Step 7.
Step 6. IF YOU CHOSE OPTION 1 – TO SIT LSMU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The entrance examination shall be sit until 1 July. The entrance examination is composed of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry, 30 questions each. The applied curriculum is the same as used in senior secondary (high) schools. The structure of the test is similar to the SAT Subject Tests. If needed, the English language test will be given after the Biology and Chemistry test. The results of the entrance examination are announced on the same day. Based on the results of the entrance examination, applicants are assigned to the following groups:
OFFER LETTER → Go to Step 7
CONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER → Follow the directions given by the admission officer and wait for status ‘OFFER LETTER’
WAITING LIST → No decision will be taken before 1 July. You are competing with other applicants according to the results of your entrance examination. As higher is your score as more chances you have to be enrolled. For more details, please consult with an admission officer
NOT ELIGIBLE → End of application process. Your knowledge is not sufficient to enter LSMU. We recommend you to improve your knowledge and try next year or search for another university
Step 7. OFFER LETTER (Options 1, 2, 3.1, 3.2)
If you completed the above-mentioned procedures successfully and received the Offer Letter to study at LSMU, please CONSIDER THE TERMS PROVIDED HEREIN and inform the University if you accept the offer or not. In case of a positive answer, a registration fee of 250 EUR (non-refundable) shall be paid to the University’s account (see Offer Letter for account details). Status of the applicant will be changed into ACCEPTED after receiving the registration fee payment.
Step 8.SIGN A STUDY CONTRACT AND PAY A FIRST-YEAR TUITION FEE
Study Contracts will be issued to all applicants who accepted the University’s offer and paid a registration fee of 250 EUR. Copy of the signed Study Contract shall be uploaded to the personal file of online application system. The first-year tuition fee shall be paid following the terms and conditions of the Study Contract.
Step 9. APPLY FOR A LITHUANIAN NATIONAL VISA (D) (IF APPLICABLE)
Depending on the citizenship you possess, the entrance visa could be required. Please, check the list of countries at http://keliauk.urm.lt/en/entry-to-lithuania, the citizens of which countries need a visa to enter Lithuania. In case you do not need any visa, simply skip this Step and move to the next Step.
A national visa (D) is granted through the mediation of the University at student’s expenses. Mediation letters for visa application will be issued by the University in case all the above-mentioned Steps are successfully completed. Application for a national visa (D) shall be submitted to the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Lithuania. Visa D will enable you to enter Lithuania and study at the University legally.
Students will apply for the Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) during the first year of studies at the University. In order to apply for the TRP, a student shall provide a legalized Police Clearance (Criminal Record) issued by the related authorities of the residence country.
The following documents should be submitted for application of national visa (D):
- Application Form;
- Valid passport;
- Mediation documents → the University will issue these documents within 2 weeks after receiving a first-year tuition fee (Step 8);
- Documents certifying Student’s financial status;
- Health insurance policy;
- Visa application fee;
- Two passport-type photographs.
Step 10. WELCOME AT LSMU!
REGISTER FOR STUDIES during the last week of August – come to the REGISTRATION WEEK AT LSMU.
A student shall choose online the date and time of final registration at the University.
During the REGISTRATION WEEK, a student shall appear at University and present the originals of all available education documents, health certificate, two hard copies of the signed Study Contract, two photographs (white background).
During the REGISTRATION WEEK University’s representatives will provide you all necessary information about studies and timetables, and will describe the first steps of a fresher inside the University’s campus.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact the admission officer at LSMU: