Application to the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) for full-time degree studies
This Guide is designed to assist students and recruiting agencies during the application process. We recommend you to read the Guide before starting your application for admission at LSMU. Applications for all study programmes in English shall be done online.
For your benefit:
No application fee for the first review of your application and feedback on eligibility;
Feedback within 72 hours from submission of the application;
Three options are available to sit an entrance examination of LSMU. For exemptions from the entrance test see NOTE 1 below;
Possibility to choose the most acceptable location to sit an entrance examination (your home country, neighboring countries or LSMU);
Results of the entrance examination are announced and eligible applicants are offered a study place at LSMU on the same day as the entrance examination.
NOTE 1: The following foreign applicants are exempted from the entrance test of the LSMU:
- Applicants who do apply to the following First Cycle (Bachelor‘s) degrees: Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Health Psychology, Physiotherapy;
- Applicants who received the education based on formally acknowledged educational systems listed below, and their evaluation score in Chemistry (Mathematics for Health Psychology study programme) and Biology are as follow:
The list of available qualification s and the minimum score:
1. A level certificate („A Levels”) - B and B
2. IB Diploma (“International Baccalaureate”) - 4 (H level)
3. German certificate –(“Abitur”) - 12 (points) or 1-2
4. Swedish certificate – (“Examensbevis “) - New system B and C, old system VG and G level (obligatory level „ 2“)
5. Spanish certificate – („Titulo de Bachiller” accompanied by “‘Selectividad“) - 6
6. French certificate – („Baccalaureat“) - 15
7. USA – Secondary school certificate and passed SAT (Standardized Chemistry (Mathematics for Health Psychology study programme) and Biology tests) (“High School Diploma” and ”SAT Subject Tests”) - SAT score 500
The following international test could be taken instead of the LSMU entrance test:
- BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test)(BMAT could be taken at home country or any other country where the tests are offered. Please, use this link for further information: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/bmat/). Minimum passable score: Sections 1 and 2 – score 4, Section 3 – score 2C.
- MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)( MCAT could be taken at home country or any other country where the test is offered. Please, use this link for further information: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/). Minimum passable score: 490.
- IMAT (International Medical Admissions Test)(IMAT could be taken at home country or any other country where the test is offered. Please, use this link for further information: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/imat/about-imat/). Minimum passable score: 40.
- NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)(NEET is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. Please, use this link for further information: https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx). Minimum passable score: 300.
Credentials acquired at any other country or other education system did not mention above, could grant the exemption from the entrance test in case very good grades in Biology and Chemistry are available.
1, November - Opening the online application period. All applicants shall apply at https://apply.lsmuni.lt and upload the copies of all required documents;
7,November - Consideration of applications begins;
2,January - Period of Entrance examination starts;
15, June - Application deadline. The online application system will be closed on 15 June 00:00;
1, July - Deadline to sit an entrance examination.
Applicants are recommended to apply as early as possible. Applications submitted after the deadline could be considered in case of academic place availability in a certain degree programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE APPLICATION SYSTEM
Go to https://apply.lsmuni.lt and start with ‘Become an applicant’ or https://lsmuni.lt/en/study-at-lsmu/degree-studies/ - ‘APPLY NOW!’ After completion of this step, your personal account will be created and you will receive an applicant’s code, which provides you access to the application form.
Step 2. FILL UP AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM ONLINE
Log in using your code and start-up filling the application form online. You may save the data at any time and continue later. This applies both to the information entered into the text fields and to uploaded electronic copies of documents (see ‘Items to be uploaded’). Application system will check automatically your application and reveal the incomplete issues. After completion of the application form, please, do not forget to click on SUBMIT, because only SUBMITTED applications will be considered by the University.
Items to be uploadedApplication for the integrated and bachelor’s degree study programmes:
1. Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate authenticated by the governmental institutions. If you are to graduate after the application deadline, please, provide an official letter including your most recent academic results. The letter shall be signed by the school authorities;2. Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology study programme - Mathematics and General Biology;
Application for master’s degree study programmes:1-A. Bachelor’s Degree Diploma (university’s level) approved by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents"). The study programme shall be related to the one you apply for a Master’s Degree.
2-A. Transcript of Academic Records provided directly from the origin university;
NOTE 2: All education certificates shall be provided in original language plus the authorized English translation, if necessary;
Education documents shall be legalized in the following way:If you acquired your education in the member countries of the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, India, the United States of America, Australia, Venezuela, etc.), you should present your education documents with an affixed Apostille;
If you acquired your education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.), your education documents should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular department of the country where education was acquired;
3. Score Reports on the SAT, BMAT, MCAT, IMAT, NEET Subject Tests in Chemistry (for Medical Psychology - Mathematics) and Biology, if available;4. Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language; If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language (TOEFL, IELTS, B2 Level ‘Independent user’ by CEFR or adequate), you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The test of the English language will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry.
5. Brief CV;
6. Motivation letter;7. Passport or ID;
8. Health certificate based on a complete medical examination;9. Passport-type photograph (white background).
Step 3. WAIT FOR THE UNIVERSITY’S FEEDBACK
The submitted application will be reviewed and you will get feedback within 72 hours after submission of the application. Feedback will be forwarded to your email or you may log in to your personal application form and check the feedback. Positive feedback means that you are eligible to continue the application at LSMU and sit the entrance examination. If you are not eligible to continue the application at LSMU, feedback will provide the reasons for ineligibility.
Step 4. PAY APPLICATION FEE
Once you have received positive feedback, you are requested to continue application procedure and pay application fee 150 EUR. The application system of the University will automatically issue the invoice for application fee payment.Once the payment received, your application will proceed.
In case you didn’t receive on-line invoice, you may use the following bank details:
Beneficiary's bank: AB SEB Bank, Vilnius, Lithuania
SWIFT: CBVI LT 2X
Beneficiary's Account No.: LT09 7044 0600 0290 5377
Beneficiary: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
Payment code: P6181Step 5. CHOOSE THE OPTION HOW TO PROCEED WITH ADMISSION AT LSMU
Choose ONE from the following three options:
Go to Step 7.
Option 2. To provide the Score Reports of SAT, BMAT, MCAT, IMAT, NEET Subject Tests in Chemistry (for Medical Psychology - Mathematics), and Biology (see the table NOTE 1 above).
The University’s registration code at the College Board is 7210.Go to Step 7.
Option 3.1. If you have successfully pursued studies in the biomedical field at any other accredited university and were awarded a Bachelor's Degree, you may skip the LSMU’s entrance examination. Courses completed during the previous studies could be validated after the precise checking of the curriculum.
Option 3.2. Other exemptions from the entrance test are provided in NOTE 1.Go to Step 7.
Step 6. IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION 1 – TO SIT THE LSMU’s ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The entrance examination shall be completed until July 1st.Entrance examination is composed of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry (30 questions each). The applied curriculum is the same as used in a senior secondary (high) school. The structure of the test is similar to the SAT Subject Tests. If needed, the test of the English language will be given after Biology and Chemistry test. The results of the entrance examination are announced on the same day. Based on the results of the entrance examination, applicants are assigned to the following groups:
OFFER LETTER → Go to Step 7CONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER → Follow the directions given by the admission officer and wait for status ‘OFFER LETTER’
WAITING LIST → No decision will be taken before 1 July. You are competing with other applicants according to the results of your entrance examination. As higher is your score as more chances you have to be enrolled. For more details, please, consult with the admission officer.
NOT ELIGIBLE - FAILED → End of the application process. Your knowledge is not sufficient to enter LSMU. We recommend you to improve your knowledge and try next year or search for another university.
Step 7. OFFER LETTER (Options 1, 2, 3.1, 3.2)
IIf you completed the above-mentioned procedures successfully and received the Offer Letter to study at LSMU, please, CONSIDER THE TERMS PROVIDED HEREIN and inform the University if you accept the Offer or not. In case of a positive answer, the registration fee of 250 EUR shall be paid to the University’s account (see Offer Letter for the bank details). The status of the applicant will be changed into ACCEPTED after reception of registration fee payment.
Step 8. SIGN A STUDY CONTRACT, PAY A DEPOSIT AND A FIRST-YEAR TUITION FEE
Study Contracts will be issued to all applicants who accepted University’s Offer and paid registration fee 250 EUR. Copy of the signed Study Contract shall be uploaded to the personal file of online application. Deposit of 1000 EUR (non-refundable) shall be paid till the stated deadline. First-year tuition fee shall be paid following the terms and conditions of the Study Contract.Step 9. APPLY FOR A LITHUANIAN NATIONAL VISA D (IF APPLICABLE)
Depending on the citizenship you possess, the entrance visa could be required. Please, check the list of countries at http://keliauk.urm.lt/en/entry-to-lithuania/visas/list-of-countries-whose-citizens-do-not-require-visas-to-enter-the-republic-of-lithuania the citizens of which need a visa to enter Lithuania. In case you do not need any visa, simply skip this Step and move to the next Step.National visa (D) is granted through the mediation of the University at student’s expenses. Mediation letters for visa application will be issued by the University (online procedure) in case all the above-mentioned Steps are successfully completed. Application for a national visa (D) shall be submitted to the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Lithuania. Visa D will enable you to enter Lithuania and start studies at University legally.
Students will apply for the Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) during the first year of studies at University. In order to apply for the TRP, the student shall provide a legalized Police Clearance (Criminal Record) issued by the related authorities of the residence country.The following documents should be submitted for application of national visa D:
Completed application form (https://www.migracija.lt/en/);
A valid travel document (passport) issued within the last ten years and the validity period is at least 3 months longer than the validity period of the requested visa;
Mediation letter - University will register the document online within 2 weeks after the reception of first-year tuition fee (Step 8);
A document certifying student’s financial status;
1 photo (35 x 45 colour);
Health insurance policy to be valid during the stay in the Republic of Lithuania (the insurance coverage shall be 30 000 EUR);
Consular fee for visa: 60 EUR.
Step 10. WELCOME AT LSMU!
REGISTER FOR STUDIES during the August and come to the REGISTRATION WEEK AT LSMU.The student shall choose online the date and time of final registration at University.
During the REGISTRATION WEEK, students shall appear at University and present the originals of all available education documents, health certificate, two hard copies of signed Study Contract, passport-type photograph (white background).
During the REGISTRATION WEEK, University’s representatives will provide you all the necessary information about studies and timetables, and will describe the first steps of freshmen inside the University’s campus.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact the admission officer at LSMU:
Ms. RŪTA ANTANAITIENĖ
Admission OfficerE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +37037327259, +37065290747
Address: A. Mickevičiaus str. 9, Kaunas LT-44307, Lithuania